Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Another Day at the Office


Well, today was the last day of my shadowing and much was the same all week; new professional athletes in and out receiving treatment. Much of the same patients from day 1 were there with Dr. Guthrie throughout the week. I’ve learned so much in such a short period of time, it makes me sad that I don’t get to stay any longer. This shadowing experience has helped broaden my knowledge of all the different ways Physical Therapy can branch.  From neuro to orthopedics, I’m excited to experience it all in my clinicals one day.  Today I learned that Dr. Guthrie had the chance to evaluate the US women’s soccer team (unfortunately not while I was there)! She also told me she doesn’t prefer to work with professional athletes anymore because of the way they treat their bodies. “All the coaches just want you to do what you can to put them back out on the field, rather than take care of their body for years to come,” and because of this she says she’d prefer not to work with them.

                On a different note, one of the other therapists began to teach me about the 3 planes of motion, which was pretty cool.  We went over a bunch of different stretches as well & she even gave me a packet full of PT terms to learn and take with me. Overall, my time at Synergie PT has been well taken advantage of.

No comments:

Post a Comment