Wednesday, August 10, 2016

LAST DAY

Monday May 23th 2016

           Well, I never thought this trip would come, let alone already be over. On my last day here in SoCal, I decided to take a bus to Venice beach, only about 5 miles from my homestay.  Not too bad of a bus ride until a very smelly homeless man joined us. The stinky bus ride was well worth it though because the beach was gorgeous, one of my favorites I've seen here so far.  When you first walk up to it, you see a group of very tall palm trees stand before the beach. To the right and left of the palm trees are bathrooms and changing areas to utilize before going out on the beach. These were the first restrooms I saw that were not gender specific! Back off the beach, there was a rather long boardwalk with a plentitude of shops, with very neat souvenirs. I thought to myself how I wish I would have came here earlier :(.  Oh well.. I thought about renting a surfboard or skim board here because I have done both on the east coast, but figured I'd spare myself the embarrassment due to the massive waves and icy waters. Anyways, there was a man playing the piano extremely well along the board walk and many folks tipped him as they passed.  I had the chance to grab lunch with a perfect view of the boardwalk and got to take in some of the sights.  While eating my chicken wrap, I noticed just how different this setting was from any other I've ever been in before.  Almost all of the young men my age wore converse and vans and I quite frankly loved it. Those are 2 of my favorite types of shoes! Not many people at all wore sperry's like that of the east coast.   It is MUCH less common to see men wearing converse on the east coast. I loved the feeling I had from being out here, I don't know if its because of my style, or my way of thinking, but I definitely fit in with the stereotype out here (if we're stereotyping).

        After enjoying the beach for the day, because it was actually sunny, I ventured back on the bus to catch some flame broiler one last time before heading back to good ole PA.  Flame broiler is an amazing fast food restaurant out here that serves bowls of rice with either chicken or steak with vegetables.  This is my 3rd time having it because it is an actually reasonable price and it is delicious!
Tomorrow my flight leaves at 12pm and it will be a very long day of traveling due to my layover in PHX. I expect to arrive in PIT around midnight.
         To say the least, this trip has been amazing.  Not everything has been easy, but I figured it out. I'm so thankful that I had the opportunity to experience SoCal and share all my adventures with all of you.
-Stay tuned for my "Life After Magellan" post
Grimmzlybear

No comments:

Post a Comment