Wednesday, August 10, 2016

THE MAGELLAN PROJECT

 About The Magellan:       
          The Magellan project is a project offered only at Washington and Jefferson College, allowing students to extend their learning outside of the walls of the college.  This project allows for students to self design their own project to study whatever they want wherever they want to study it, awarding students anywhere between $1,000-3,000 to complete their study. While most schools offer many study abroad programs with groups of students, this W&J exclusive project teaches students independence by forcing students to strategically plan and execute their very own project individually, including learning to budget everything themselves.  This project allows for students to study abroad or within the states, whichever the student prefers. With a little help from my peers and my professors, I was able to design my very own project. For my Magellan project, I chose to complete a study within the states.  My project was designed to study muscle fatigue on the Pacific Crest Trail in Southern California and then Shadow a Physical Therapist in the Los Angeles area. Feel free to read all about my study and whirlwind of adventures in my blog below!
-Enjoy
Grimmzlybear

No comments:

Post a Comment