Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Safe Return

May 30th 2016
Day 6:
           Well, I made it safe and sound back to Natalie's, which was easier than expected.  The Amtrak was not too difficult to figure out.   Lex and I stayed with an airbnb woman last night after Layla dropped us off at our destination. Melissa, the host, was incredibly nice and even made coffee for us in the morning.  We walked to the beach in the morning and grabbed something to eat in a cute place called swarmi's on the way there.  It was nice not to be eating trail food. After, we lyfted to the train station, which was only about 5 miles, but we had enough walking. Our Lyft driver informed us of this thing called June Gloom that was currently occurring in California.  He told us that every end of May and beginning of June, the ocean temperature starts to warm up to the outside temperature, causing a layer of clouds to hang over the ocean.  This explained why it was so cloudy when we walked to the beach today! I am hoping that this isn't true and it will still be nice a few days because who would of ever thought it'd be cloudy in California!? Not me!! Just my luck! The train drove right next to the ocean, so I got to look at a beautiful view the whole way there.  Nat picked me up at the train station in Anaheim.  I was so happy to finally know that I for sure had a place to sleep at night.
-Grimmzlybear




No comments:

Post a Comment