Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Journal info


I did not blog directly during my trip, however, I did keep a journal and from that I will publish blogs in order of my days while in Cali.
Tuesday May 24th 2016

Flying Fiasco

                Well, my plane flew out at 6:15am this morning and it’s been the longest day ever to say the least.
Sunrise from Pittsburgh airport
We had to leave my house at about 3 am just to get to the airport in time to check all my baggage in. Nothing seemed to be running smoothly as I had no idea how to tag my bag or go through the TSA security check. Turns out I actually got into the TSA pre-check in line, which I am clearly not on the checklist for, but they pushed me through anyway and I got to avoid a very long line of regular TSA security check people.  (YAY) Once I finally figured out where my plane waiting area was, I decided to play around with the SIM PIN on my phone. With the SIM PIN on, it allows for your phone GPS to be activated, while all other features/apps are dormant.  I planned to use this on the trail when I used the PCT half mile app, which will show me exactly where I am on the trail and where the nearest water is.  Little did I know, you need a code to unlock your phone from this mode.  So, there I was, at 5:30 in the morning locked out of my cell phone in Pittsburgh airport flying to LAX.  What a great way to start this trip I thought to myself.  However, I was able to figure everything out and quickly get my phone back to normal directly after arriving in LA.  My friend Natalie picked me up from the airport and showed me around LA for the day, taking me to the Hollywood sign, a cute French cafĂ©, and a restaurant in downtown.

Tonight, I am staying over at Natalie’s and she is taking me to begin my journey on the Pacific Crest Trail tomorrow at Warner Springs with my hiking partner Lex. -Excited to be in nature instead of the city.

-Until after the trail

Grimmzlybear

No comments:

Post a Comment